SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Jewish Baseball Lithograph

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jewish Baseball Lithograph

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Just wanted to talk about a project that I've been helping on. My friend commissioned Ron Lewis to create a lithograph depicting 26 Jewish Baseball players as well as prominent Jewish celebrities and baseball executives. His plan was to get the collection of lithographs signed by those depicted, create tiered levels of distinction, and sell them to raise money for Jewish charities.

This is still a work in progress as we are in midst of getting the lithographs signed. I've had the pleasure of sitting with Ryan Braun and Steve Stone, talk to former players as part of an interview process in writing a booklet that will be included with each lithograph, helping brainstorm the project and certificates as well as contact agents of possible Jewish celebs to get on the lithograph.

If anyone is interested in looking, or even purchasing one of these, please check out the following link:

http://www.jewishbaseballplayer.com/

I know the entry level cost is kind of a sticker shock, but the target audience is really for Jews who love baseball and have deep pockets. If you know anyone that may be interested, please along the information.

Mind you I get nothing out of this...my friend started the project and knew that I was a project manager by trade who loves this hobby. My reward is meeting several of those depicted....I was looking forward to meeting Sandy Koufax, but my schedule won't allow me to take the trip to Florida when he signs these pieces. It's been a pleasure working on this, and learning things I never would of about Jews and Baseball. I'm proud to have helped put this together.

-Desi

Back to top Go down

Re: Jewish Baseball Lithograph

Post by Silly on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Very cool and a great thing you are doing by helping.

I saw your comments about the Stone signing the other day and Hawk. I was curious what signing you were at with him, now it makes sense.

Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by twinsvikingsfan333 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm

I know a lot about baseball, but i never new that Kevin Youkillis was jewish. I am jewish and that is very fascinating!
twinsvikingsfan333
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash : 4093

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top