SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Having your 8x10 plastic sleeve or card holder signed. Oversight or laziness?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having your 8x10 plastic sleeve or card holder signed. Oversight or laziness?

Post by sun devil on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Good thing he saw his mistake and finally pulled out the photos to sign them. I have many examples of signatures like these. After the 2nd occurance of this problem, I started including a post-it note stating: "Please remove photo before signing". Would you not think that this would be common sense? I have many sports card holders that are just like this. I say that most times it's just oversight. However, depending upon who it is may constitue laziness.

sun devil
Water Boy
Water Boy

SPAAM Cash : 107

http://sundevilmikesautographs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Having your 8x10 plastic sleeve or card holder signed. Oversight or laziness?

Post by mrsromek on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 am

The only time that happened to me was with Travis Barker after a Box Car Racer show at the Aragon. He took my promo photo (and the sleeve was underneath), yet flipped it over and signed the sleeve. He signed a few more, or should I say scribbled a few more, and then took my promo photo and signed it. On second thought, Tommy Stinson (ex-Replacements, Soul Asylum and current GNR bassist) did it to me as well after a Soul Asylum show a few years ago. I wanted him to sign my Chinese Democracy booklet, of which he replied "what booklet?" and "that I only focus on the good things in my life" (whatever that means, seeing that he's still with Axl & Co.

Last edited by mrsromek on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error)
mrsromek
Water Boy
Water Boy

SPAAM Cash : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: Having your 8x10 plastic sleeve or card holder signed. Oversight or laziness?

Post by coachk28 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:54 pm

This hasn't happened to me, but I have seen and heard horror stories from other collectors!

That is why I started to cut large holes in the top loader, so they can sign the photo w/o having to remove it.

I'm shocked you got Ted Nugent TTM... i head he's such a douche when it comes to autographs b/c he is well aware of his stuff being sold on ebay!

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top