SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

"King" Felix Hernandez

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"King" Felix Hernandez

Post by hoganator on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Did anyone see King Felix's perfect game? Amazing! I think I am going to send him a ball asking for the inscription "Perfect Game 8/15/12. Any idea what address to send to? I was thinking just sending to the stadium but if anyone has a better address let me know! Very Happy
hoganator
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 884

Back to top Go down

Re: "King" Felix Hernandez

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Send it to Venezuela

Back to top Go down

Post by xtra-innings on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 pm

hoganator wrote:Did anyone see King Felix's perfect game? Amazing! I think I am going to send him a ball asking for the inscription "Perfect Game 8/15/12. Any idea what address to send to? I was thinking just sending to the stadium but if anyone has a better address let me know! Very Happy

He quit signing TTM a few years ago. Your best chance is IP. If you are lucky enough to make it to the M's training camp in Peoria, AZ, he's always been "fan friendly" during the first couple of weeks when pitchers-catchers report.
xtra-innings
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SPAAM Cash : 7119
TTM King TTM King

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=xtra-in

Back to top Go down

Post by hoganator on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 pm

I actually live right next to the Florida spring training fields so I dont think I could make it there. does he ever sign during the regular season?
hoganator
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by xtra-innings on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 pm

hoganator wrote:I actually live right next to the Florida spring training fields so I dont think I could make it there. does he ever sign during the regular season?

I'm on the 'left' coast in San Diego, CA. When the M's come to SD during inter-league play, he'll usually sign on one of the days. The only real chance we have is during our trips to AZ for training camp. Believe it or not, he's been one of my unicorns. Each year at M's camp, I always went after (and got) Ichiro. Felix would sometimes "time" his signings and look to see when Ichiro stopped. If he did, then Felix would stop at another part of the complex to sign for the fans waiting for him or did not want to follow Ichiro around. Again...timing is everything, not to mention I'm more of an Ichiro fan. It looks like all the M's have left is Felix so I'll try for him in February when the team reports.
xtra-innings
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TTM King TTM King

Back to top Go down

Post by hoganator on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 pm

hoganator wrote:
I actually live right next to the Florida spring training fields so I dont think I could make it there. does he ever sign during the regular season?

I'm on the 'left' coast in San Diego, CA. When the M's come to SD during inter-league play, he'll usually sign on one of the days. The only real chance we have is during our trips to AZ for training camp. Believe it or not, he's been one of my unicorns. Each year at M's camp, I always went after (and got) Ichiro. Felix would sometimes "time" his signings and look to see when Ichiro stopped. If he did, then Felix would stop at another part of the complex to sign for the fans waiting for him or did not want to follow Ichiro around. Again...timing is everything, not to mention I'm more of an Ichiro fan. It looks like all the M's have left is Felix so I'll try for him in February when the team reports.
Good luck with that! And I thought Ichiro was one of the toughest people in the league to get?
hoganator
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by xtra-innings on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:57 pm

hoganator wrote:
hoganator wrote:

Good luck with that! And I thought Ichiro was one of the toughest people in the league to get?

He is...during the season. Since 2001, he would sign every other day and rarely went 3 straight days without signing. Most of his signings occurred at the end of practice. He would also walk out of the player's p/lot and stand near the vehicle entrance to sign for fans. Other times, he would "hide" in the dugout of some of the farther fields in the complex and sign while others "looked" for him on fields closer to the clubhouse...he would even laugh (at the fans looking for him) as he looked through the shades on the dugouts signing autographs. I always came away with multiples and currently have 30+ autographs of him on jerseys, photos, magazines, tix, baseballs, bats, and helmets.

Last edited by xtra-innings on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
xtra-innings
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TTM King TTM King

Back to top Go down

Post by hoganator on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:03 pm

xtra-innings wrote:
hoganator wrote:
hoganator wrote:

He is...during the season. Since 2001, he would sign every other day and rarely went 3 straight days without signing. Most of his signings occurred at the end of practice. He would also walk out of the player's p/lot and stand near the vehicle entrance to sign for fans. Other times, he would "hide" in the dugout of some of the farther fields in the complex and sign while other "looked" for him on fields closer to the clubhouse...he would even laugh (at the fans looking for him) as he looked through the shades on the dugouts signing autographs. I always came away with multiples and currently have 30+ autographs of him on jerseys, photos, magazines, tix, baseballs, bats, and helmets.
I would love to get him! Maybe now that he is on the Yankees I might be able to get him during Spring Training
hoganator
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by xtra-innings on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 pm

If he re-signs with them and accepts being a part time player. He's in the last year of his contract.
xtra-innings
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TTM King TTM King

Back to top Go down

Post by hoganator on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Hopefully he does because I would really like him on a ball or 8x10 or something
hoganator
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top