SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

What Is Your Favorite In Person Autograph?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Is Your Favorite In Person Autograph?

Post by coachk28 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm

What is your favorite In Person autograph of all time?

Maybe you have a couple!

Share your experiences here!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] l [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is Your Favorite In Person Autograph?

Post by coachk28 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:41 pm

My two favorite In Person autographs (thus far) have to be...

Greg Maddux and Jennie Finch

Greg Maddux signed jersey and multi signed home plate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jennie Finch signed SI cover 16x20. (I have to upload a couple other IP graphs from her)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] l [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Carolina Hurricanes

Post by vjw0307 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:59 am

First...LOVE Jennie Finch!

I used to live relatively close to Raleigh so I'd go to a lot of Canes games. I participated in the Skate w/ The Canes fundraiser back in 2008 (I think)...

Was able to get my Staal Jersey signed (He's the only signature on the back) and the rest of the team on the front (including Staal again)

1953 Archives: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

500 HR Club: 20/25
3,000 Hit Club: 18/28
Baseball HOF Members: 112/294
1953 Archives: 233/242
1963 Topps: 346/576
vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5630

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/vjw0307/

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Great jersey and sigs!

They hockey guys are true class acts!

Looks like you have the entire team on there!

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Yep, was fortunate enough to get the entire team! Lots of great pics of them signing the jersey...unforunately several of them also have my ex in them haha.

1953 Archives: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

500 HR Club: 20/25
3,000 Hit Club: 18/28
Baseball HOF Members: 112/294
1953 Archives: 233/242
1963 Topps: 346/576
vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5630

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/vjw0307/

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 pm

vjw0307 wrote:Yep, was fortunate enough to get the entire team! Lots of great pics of them signing the jersey...unforunately several of them also have my ex in them haha.

Nothing a little photo shop can't fix!

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xtra-innings on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 am

It's gotta be my meeting of players from the All American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL) during their tour stop in San Diego last summer. Below is a copy of the post I made on another SPAAM thread pertaining to them: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last summer, the AAGPBL tour made its way into San Diego. It was aboard the USS Nimitz on San Diego bay and 40+ players showed up for the event. The evening included an exclusive showing of the movie A League of Their Own inside the museum/aircraft hanger, a Q&A session with audience particpation, and autograph stations to get many of the women players (many in their mid-70's to early 90's). It was a GREAT event. I took the jersey to get signed and found out something interesting about it (I purchased the jersey years ago at a local swapmeet).

Several of the former AAGPBL players who signed the jersey recognized it as one which was given to cast members and those affiliated with the movie's production. Lois Youngen, Shirley Burkovich, and Maybelle Blair (all former players and those who assisted with the movie's production) said they had the same jersey at home and showed me the tags and markings on it which matched their own! After hearing that, the jersey immediately became one of my holy grails!!! Not bad for a swapmeet purchase...

xtra-innings
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SPAAM Cash : 7119
TTM King TTM King

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=xtra-in

Back to top Go down

Post by stdrwt11 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am

So I have a few:

The first picture has Eddie Murray and Wade Boggs. I asked Eddie for the inscription "Steady Eddie" and he looked at me funny and said "How do you know about that?". I laughed and said "Isn't that your nickame when you played?" and he looked at me with a perplexed look then shook his head and smiled. His wife says "I always loved that one, that was my favorite" then smiled. He then said "You better be glad you are wearing an Orioles shirt" (it was a Cal Ripken Jr. shirt) and then inscribed it!

I asked Wade for "Mr. Superstitious" and he laughed. He then said something along the lines of "wow really that is new I don't even know where to begin on how to spell it. How do you spell that? You know what, I will sign it but you have to spell it". The handlers then got out phones and said they could use spell check and Boggs ignored them. He then grabbed the bat and said "Alright I will do the best I can then handed it back and said ok I hope it is right. This is first, you are the first person to ask me for that". He then thanked me, shook my hand, and said have a nice day. He mispelled it lol!

I asked Barry for "The Lion King" and his favorite Bible verse. He looked at me and smiled then inscribed "The Lion King". He then looked and said "you want my favorite verse? What is your favorite verse?" I said "1 Corinthians 13". He then inscribed it and shook my hand. When I went to the authenticators they recognized me from all my other "different" inscriptions and made a comment about "The Lion King" and thought it was a joke. He then asked about the Bible verse then wanted me to recite it haha. Barry also mispelled Corinthians. By the way the verse starts off "Love is Patient, Love is Kind...Love never fails..."

I am just adding this because Biggio is my all time favorite and I got him to sign this with inscription. It was the second time I met him in person. The first time I got a pic taken with him and my wife.

stdrwt11
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 2772

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top