SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Softball Signings and Baseball Road Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Softball Signings and Baseball Road Trip

Post by stdrwt11 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:16 am

Recently a friend and I took a baseball stadium road trip and visited 4 stadiums. Below I will list a little bit about each stadium and signings but an added bonus was while we were staying at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare we found out the USSSA Pride were staying there and we ran into Cat Osterman who signed for us in the lobby. We ended up attending their game against the Chicago Bandits and then after the game got autos from most of the Pride team! We also got pics of them signing right after the game. Also, we ended up rooming 2 doors down from some of them as well as rode the elevator with some and even ran into them again at the bar. It was a cool experience and we got to meet some former Olympic Medal winners!

Arlington Ballpark- Stay at a hotel that is on the trolley route, it is free and easy access without paying for parking. Rangers have a rule that they do not sign before games apparently. The opposing team did sign some (Detroit- several big namers were signing). Field is nice, sno cones are amazing, disappointed no Rangers sign as they say it is a MLB rule you cannot sign 45 min prior to a game, lame!

Wrigley Field- Nice easy access from the L. Field is historic obviously but really small. You cannot access the OF area if you are sitting 1st to 3rd. Saw a couple of Cubs signing and several Astros signed for us. Seats are pretty pricey compared to other stadiums. Nice field, enjoyed the Italian Sausage Dog, had fun, 1st to 3rd seemed pretty small and compact walking around.

Miller Park- Nice new stadium with pretty easy parking access. Freaking everyone tailgates (never seen that at a baseball game) so everyone is pretty hammered. Stadium is spacious and the Brats were really good. Several players on each side were signing but we were in the OF so no attempt. Braun would throw the ball in the stands after every inning of warming up. Lots of food options and good environment.

PNC Park- Really great view. Parking was pretty good but road signs around Pittsburgh blow! Field is really nice. Tickets were priced pretty low as well. Primanti Bros was really good! Plenty of room as well. Several Astros signed and I saw several Pirates signing as well. The view od the city along with the view of the river from the OF patio was cool. The statues were also cool around the park.

In closing, all the parks were neat and everyone we met was friendly and talkative. We had a good time and came back satisfied minus Rangers not signing and Astros not signing as much as we hoped. I hope this can give you some insight if you visit any in the future. Any other questions please ask.
stdrwt11
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 2772

Back to top Go down

Re: Softball Signings and Baseball Road Trip

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 am

The USSSA Pride is filled with class acts!

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 am

I've got Bandit season tickets. We probably bumped into each other at the game and didn't even know it!

Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing!

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stdrwt11 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:30 pm

They are! Coach, we probably did! I should have contacted you before we came up. We sat right behind Pride dugout.
stdrwt11
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 2772

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top