SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

What (Non Autographed) Memorabilia Do You Collect And Why?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by coachk28 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Do you collect non autographed sports memorabilia? Display and discuss your collection here!

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What (Non Autographed) Memorabilia Do You Collect And Why?

Post by yipster32 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 am

mrsromek wrote:CD's (around 2,000) and LP's (probably a few hundred), both signed and unsigned; Star Wars-Power of the Force and a few other lines-not anymore, but did in the mid 90's and still a have a zillion of them (too bad my mom sold all my ones from the 80's at a garage sale once I went to college); Starting Lineups-not anymore, but mostly FB (full sets from 96-98) & BB and some Hockey and BKB. I guess DVD's too, but nowhere near the types of collections some of you have! I have maybe 100 total, if that!

Mom selling off the collection.....my worst nightmare lol. I would so never forgive for that

Are you going to upgrade to MP3's? I don't know anyone who buys CD's anymore....
yipster32
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5004

Back to top Go down

Post by Leebo on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:08 pm

About 2500 marvel comic books in storage from the late 60s through the early 90s (when the figured out it was collectable and tried to squeeze the industry for all its worth). I just marginally collect now, mostly compilations.

Leebo
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by yipster32 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 pm

I used to collect Spawn....but stopped at 100...I got heavy into star wars lol
yipster32
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by marino13kb24 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:10 pm

McFarlane figures & sports banners. I used to be big on basketball cards until Upper Deck & Topps lost it's NBA license.
marino13kb24
Water Boy
Water Boy

SPAAM Cash : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 am

Other than all of my original NES, Sega, Sega CD, Gameboy, Playstation, etc consoles and video games...a few rare coins/wheat pennies...I own a few guitars and other musical instruments. I have a random (and almost ashamed to admit) collection of penguins. That all started when I was a kid and loved those Bud Ice penguin commercials...the "Doobie doobie doo" ones...so my friends would randomly buy me stuffed penguins or random items involving penguins. I have a ton of music memrobilia...but most of its signed so it really doesn't fit into this post.

1953 Archives: 1953 Archives Set

500 HR Club: 20/25
3,000 Hit Club: 18/28
Baseball HOF Members: 112/294
1953 Archives: 233/242
1963 Topps: 346/576
vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5630

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/vjw0307/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 am

LSU old media guides and programs. etc.
i collect LSU items
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 4599

Back to top Go down

Post by POHara on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 am

Shoeless Joe & 1917/1919 World Series "stuff" - books, cards, bobble heads, balls & bats, trinkets
POHara

SPAAM Cash : 2254

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 am

have you found joe's shoes yet? ROTFL
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by yipster32 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm

vjw0307 wrote:Other than all of my original NES, Sega, Sega CD, Gameboy, Playstation, etc consoles and video games...a few rare coins/wheat pennies...I own a few guitars and other musical instruments. I have a random (and almost ashamed to admit) collection of penguins. That all started when I was a kid and loved those Bud Ice penguin commercials...the "Doobie doobie doo" ones...so my friends would randomly buy me stuffed penguins or random items involving penguins. I have a ton of music memrobilia...but most of its signed so it really doesn't fit into this post.

Nice stuff bro. I eventually want to set up all my gaming systems old to new.
yipster32
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by POHara on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 pm

tiger7171 wrote:have you found joe's shoes yet? ROTFL

Ironically, they are in Cooperstown!
POHara

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 pm

but he doesnt have a plaque hanging. what a shame. shoeless joe deserves to be in hall of fame.
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgoo1972 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I now have 2 Cardinals game used hats, 1 from Brian Jordan (already signed) and one of Bucky Dent. I also now have Mike Matthews Brewers hat, of which he played 4 game with (he had previously played for the Cards). And Cubs fans, I will represent your team with something, too. I'm trying to get something from every team. Even though I'm a Cardinals fan, I DO respect the entire game and all teams.

mrgoo1972
Rookie
Rookie

SPAAM Cash : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Mdrhino on Thu May 30, 2013 11:34 am

I have a few Stadium Bricks (Memorial Stadium (Baltimore) and One from Notre Dame stadium signed by Rudy.

I would like to start collecting more but some are just so expensive for a Brick

Mdrhino
Water Boy
Water Boy

SPAAM Cash : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by lerxst2112 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 pm

cubsfan0303 wrote:
Silly wrote:
lerxst2112 wrote:
I also have some Cubs game used jerseys from their playoff years of 89 and 98 and some Cubs game used bats.

Of what players?

Go Cubbies
any for sale/trade?

The 89 is a Kevin Blankenship road. The 98's are Scott Servais, Jeff Blauser and Mike Morgan home pinstripes. I originally thought the Morgan could have been the one he wore to serve up home run number 61 to McGwire. Then I saw the replay of the homer and Morgan was wearing the blue alternate jersey. They were all Cub Convention purchases.

The bats are gamers from Steve Lake, Scott Servais, Hector Villanueva, Brant Brown and a couple vintage bats from Adolfo Phillips and Paul Popovich.
lerxst2112
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by lerxst2112 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm

yipster32 wrote:
mrsromek wrote:CD's (around 2,000) and LP's (probably a few hundred), both signed and unsigned; Star Wars-Power of the Force and a few other lines-not anymore, but did in the mid 90's and still a have a zillion of them (too bad my mom sold all my ones from the 80's at a garage sale once I went to college); Starting Lineups-not anymore, but mostly FB (full sets from 96-98) & BB and some Hockey and BKB. I guess DVD's too, but nowhere near the types of collections some of you have! I have maybe 100 total, if that!

Mom selling off the collection.....my worst nightmare lol. I would so never forgive for that

Are you going to upgrade to MP3's? I don't know anyone who buys CD's anymore....

Wow! Upgrade to MP3's? You must be a youngster. The only "upgrade" in converting to MP3 is in storage space. MP3's are a compressed format and are inherently a lesser audio quality format than cd. Of course, that all depends on your playback system. If it's a cruddy car stereo in a car with lots of road noise, I guess you won't be able to tell the difference.
lerxst2112
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 am

lerxst2112 wrote:
yipster32 wrote:

Wow! Upgrade to MP3's? You must be a youngster. The only "upgrade" in converting to MP3 is in storage space. MP3's are a compressed format and are inherently a lesser audio quality format than cd. Of course, that all depends on your playback system. If it's a cruddy car stereo in a car with lots of road noise, I guess you won't be able to tell the difference.

I've stopped buying CD's completely...no need to buy a CD when I only want 2 songs off of there...but I still probably have around 200 CD's. I do love listening to an album though...don't have many but I'll pick up a rare one here and there. I have Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" albums. Something about listening to a record just sounds so much better..

vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by lerxst2112 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:48 am

I have a pretty extensive record and cd collection.  Somewhere around 3000 cd's and 1000 lp's. Vinyl still gets used in this home. I have a number of lp's you just can't find on cd. I've been collecting cd's from the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

http://1001beforeyoudie.com/qssUS/1001_albums_us.html

and Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums of All Time List.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531

I have 850 off the 1001 list and about 475 off the 500 list.

http://letsplaytwo.weebly.com/rolling-stones-500-greatest-albums.html

A lot of what's left is tough to find or out of print. Storage is definitely an issue but I still would never only have MP3's.

The a la carte purchase of single songs is another of today's consumption habits. I still like to listen to entire albums to get a feel for the context of the songs. They weren't originally meant to be listened to totally apart from the rest of the album. There's nothing like the drop of the needle on side one of an album.
lerxst2112
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by nsucolonel on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:24 am

lerxst2112 wrote:I have a pretty extensive record and cd collection.  Somewhere around 3000 cd's and 1000 lp's. Vinyl still gets used in this home. I have a number of lp's you just can't find on cd. I've been collecting cd's from the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

http://1001beforeyoudie.com/qssUS/1001_albums_us.html

and Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums of All Time List.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531

I have 850 off the 1001 list and about 475 off the 500 list.

http://letsplaytwo.weebly.com/rolling-stones-500-greatest-albums.html

A lot of what's left is tough to find or out of print. Storage is definitely an issue but I still would never only have MP3's.

The a la carte purchase of single songs is another of today's consumption habits. I still like to listen to entire albums to get a feel for the context of the songs. They weren't originally meant to be listened to totally apart from the rest of the album. There's nothing like the drop of the needle on side one of an album.

You remind me of my father. He is music historian in New Orleans. He constantly have musicians that played back ground for Elvis, fats, little Richard and many others over listening to 45's on his 1947 jukebox. He have a collection of 40,000 45's and 15,000 albums. The crazy thing is he has them all cateloged. You can ask him where a record is and can pull it for you in minutes. Plus he can tell you what label the songs were recorded under plus all the different artist that recorded a particular song.

Jason

Looking for Vintage Baseball cards, Vintage baseball memorbilia, Baseball Autos (All HOFers and Future HOFers), Star Wars vintage fugures and Autographs, Star Trek Autographs, Hollywood autographs and memorbilia.
nsucolonel
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 2108

http://public.fotki.com/nsucolonel/

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:43 am

You know, albums USED to be made to be listened to from beginning to end...Dark Side of the Moon is probably the best example of this...but that doesn't happen anymore in music. Don't get me started on pop music and its lack of everything other than a beat.

vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by yipster32 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:50 am

I guess I am a youngster....but storage is a huge deal with me. I do have a ton of cds that I gave to my dad. I just dont see the point in buying the cd if I only want one or two songs from it. Like it was said- unless its a rare album I dont need it.
yipster32
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by mjkm90 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 am

I used to collect cards for many years (I assume many of you did as well) then began to find displayable pieces that captured my interest due to the artistic quality, unimaginable variety, affordability, and lack of condition scrutiny. We would buy cards and place them in binders and plastic and not enjoy them as much as pieces I could decorate my home or office with. There are so many pieces of memorabilia that are as scarce or more so than any card. I also liked the idea of buying pieces for the aesthetic value and richness rather than the priceguide and grading service valuations. Memorabilia is like the wild west of collecting. I know A LOT about vintage memorabilia, but I can't just look up anything on any given day. Memorabilia really holds it's value well and collectors share an appreciation for each form an shape. The textures, colors, shapes, and creativity or the original artists are limitless. The figural trophies alone are an amazing niche, then add pennants, pinbacks, advertising displays, glassware, other figural pieces like statues, oil lamps, and it never ends. Bill Mastro was a generalist, and that is what I have become. If I can't display it...I don't want it in my collection.
I'm and advanced collector of primarily pre 1960 baseball memorabilia. I don't do autographs any longer but rather specialize in display pieces like figural trophies/anything vintage with a baseball theme, pennants, pinback buttons, non-gamer equipment like store model bats, gloves, and balls. I have tons and tons of pics to share, but the silly 7 day no posting rule is holding me back. I specialize also in Cubs and Tigers non-paper memorabilia and have an extensive collection of pennants and pinbacks for each. In fact a couple of my pennants are the only known examples to exist. I have been collecting for 27 years and have co-authored a pennant price guide for baseball and football. I look forward to contributing here and forming some new collecting relationships which are particularly rewarding.
mjkm90
Water Boy
Water Boy

SPAAM Cash : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:14 pm

mjkm90 wrote:I used to collect cards for many years (I assume many of you did as well) then began to find displayable pieces that captured my interest due to the artistic quality, unimaginable variety, affordability, and lack of condition scrutiny.  We would buy cards and place them in binders and plastic and not enjoy them as much as pieces I could decorate my home or office with.  There are so many pieces of memorabilia that are as scarce or more so than any card.  I also liked the idea of buying pieces for the aesthetic value and richness rather than the priceguide and grading service valuations.  Memorabilia is like the wild west of collecting.  I know  A LOT about vintage memorabilia, but I can't just look up anything on any given day.  Memorabilia really holds it's value well and collectors share an appreciation for each form an shape.  The textures, colors, shapes, and creativity or the original artists are limitless.  The figural trophies alone are an amazing niche, then add pennants, pinbacks, advertising displays, glassware, other figural pieces like statues, oil lamps, and it never ends.  Bill Mastro was a generalist, and that is what I have become.  If I can't display it...I don't want it in my collection.
I'm and advanced collector of primarily pre 1960 baseball memorabilia.  I don't do autographs any longer but rather specialize in display pieces like figural trophies/anything vintage with a baseball theme, pennants, pinback buttons, non-gamer equipment like store model bats, gloves, and balls.  I have tons and tons of pics to share, but the silly 7 day no posting rule is holding me back.  I specialize also in Cubs and Tigers non-paper memorabilia and have an extensive collection of pennants and pinbacks for each.  In fact a couple of my pennants are the only known examples to exist.  I have been collecting for 27 years and have co-authored a pennant price guide for baseball and football.  I look forward to contributing here and forming some new collecting relationships which are particularly rewarding.
I look forward to seeing your collection!

vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Same Herr. Can't wait to see more.

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by POHara on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 am

coachk28 wrote:Same Herr.  Can't wait to see more.
Same Herr? You've been watching too much basketball and rap videos.
POHara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top