SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

2012 McDonald's All-American Game 3/28

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 McDonald's All-American Game 3/28

Post by Silly on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Last year i volunteered to work this event through my employer. I was able to meet Austin Rivers, Cook, Kidd-Gilchrist, Zeller, and the entire roster for both teams. Unfortunately when I took a basketball out of my bag the guy running it told me no way and to put it back. I was there to work, not get autographs and I can understand that. I was assigned to the information room and basically helped the players make sure their luggage got to where their next tournement was.

This year I wanted a little bit more of the action. I asked to be in charge of the official game ball. (yes they do have a job for that). Well I got the email today telling me what my duties are and while it is not in charge of the game ball I think it will be pretty cool. You may even see me in the background on tv.

Games- Stat Runners
 Position Description: Games volunteers will be working in a high-energy, fast paced environment and will play an important role in the live, ESPN broadcast of the event, which will reach millions of television viewers. Stat Runners, specifically, will work with the stats crew to collect halftime and final Games stats, make copies and distribute to the ESPN production truck and all attending media courtside, in the press box and in the media room. Job difficulty is easy, and only requires work at the end of the first and second halves.
 What to Wear: Upon checking in with your staff captain, you will receive a white volunteer t-shirt you can either put over your clothes or change into. This is a casual environment, khakis or tan slacks and comfortable shoes are recommended! (We were asked to mention that Reebok is a national sponsor for this event. If you are in between a few apparel choices, we ask that you choose something of neutral colors or something that doesn’t have logos of Reebok’s competitors, if possible. By no means does this mean you have to go out and buy something, just something we were asked to be cautious of when choosing what to wear).
 Where to Park/ Volunteer check-in: Please click here for instructions on parking at the United Center and volunteer check-in.
 Who will be your point of contact: Steve XXXXXX

Maybe most importantly, if you do want autographs just go to the hotel lobby on the 26th and you will have no issue.

Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 McDonald's All-American Game 3/28

Post by coachk28 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice!

I may have to do that!

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:38 pm

coachk28 wrote:Nice!

I may have to do that!

Yeah it is pretty much free reign as far as that goes. The players are basically bound to the hotel. They have to receive security clearance to leave the building and depending on the reason, that may not even be approved. Gotta remember, these are high school kids.

Call me at work James, I'm just sitting here.

Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top