SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Dry Mounting Autographed Photos?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dry Mounting Autographed Photos?

Post by coachk28 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 am

Does anyone actually have their autographed photos dry mounted when they get them framed?

If you are not sure what that process entails you can easily Google search it. But basically your signed photo is permanently glued to a foam board to keep it flat and protected.

IMHO... I don't care how "safe" the framer says the process is... I suggest NOT doing it.

No museum in the world would have an important document dry mounted to anything. You want to keep your autographed photos in their original/unaltered state, and framed so they can easily be removed if need be.

Feel free to discuss.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] l [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Dry Mounting Autographed Photos?

Post by yipster32 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:54 pm

I have 1 lenticular poster of boondock saints dry mounted. Its nice and everything but a pain to bring to cons so I kind of retired it. IMO its a permanent thing to do so only consider it if you are absolutely sure. I would just shell out the cash and have it professionally framed in the future
yipster32
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5004

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top