SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Wow the nerve of some people.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow the nerve of some people.

Post by Leebo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 am

So I went to the Houston Texans Kickoff at Kemah- which amounts to a bunch of vendors set up on a boardwalk while fans pile up in queues to get autographs from former players. The stifiling heat in Houston with 100% humidity and easily 100+ degree temperatures didn't help in the almost 4 hour wait. As the time got closer of course, the line poured out into a pretzel formation onto the boardwalk. With about an hour to go, a pudgy middle aged white woman with big blonde hair and really tacky Texans apparel (think glued on glitter in the shape of the Texans logo on the tops of her shoes) came over with her henpecked hick husband and 2 children and started loitering around the front of the queue. We immediately alerted the people who worked there, so blondy decided she should argue her entitled cutting case before the people in charge, telling them that she had been there for 3 hours. A few tense minutes passed and she walked away from the discussion with a smirk on her face. She told her children and her husband that it didn't matter what they said, they were going to go first by coming in through the exit. In response the team sent over drones to block and clear out the area. Unfortunately the drones were- 15 year old girls who also faced the wrong way. As the front of the line became antsy over the frustration of these people pushing their way in, a cop finally came over and cleared them all out with Blondy storming off with her brood and mate cursing up a storm.

I swear, I just don't understand people who think they are entitled to break all the rules of etiquette when it comes to being in line for an event. Overhearing the woman in charge from the venue's perspective, they obviously did the right thing, but they also told the woman that if she patiently waited like everybody else, she too could get an autograph. I can understand the frustration actually more of the organizers of the event having to put up with people like this. It makes it so much worse for autograph seekers when people act crazy.

Oh and get this the autographs were from: ND Kalu, JJ Moses, and Jaime Sharper.
It wasn't even like it was HoF guys. Beat Dead Horse 
Leebo
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 547

Back to top Go down

Re: Wow the nerve of some people.

Post by kenoshacub on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:51 pm

The bigger question is why would you wait 4 hours in 100 degree heat for those guys, lol

kenoshacub
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Leebo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Because like using a dollar bill to get a quarter out of a urinal,

I had already invested the time of driving to the event, so I wasn't going to leave empty handed. Plus I actually own a Jamie Sharper jersey...
Leebo
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am

Very few people in this world that I'd wait 4 hours in hot humid weather to see...actually, I can't think of any!

There are always those idiots in life who try to ruin stuff for others. Glad she got booted...hate it for the kids, but some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed...

1953 Archives: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

500 HR Club: 20/25
3,000 Hit Club: 18/28
Baseball HOF Members: 112/294
1953 Archives: 233/242
1963 Topps: 346/576
vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5630

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/vjw0307/

Back to top Go down