SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

GALE SAYERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GALE SAYERS

Post by papafro on Thu May 16, 2013 11:10 am

Gale Sayers was admitted to the Mayo Clinic yesterday evening in Minnesota for treatment of a very serious health problem. He will be there for a while to undergo testing.

He may not be the most cordial in person, but he is definitely one of my all time favorite Chicago/NFL players. I wish I had a tape of his 6 TD game at Wrigley Field against the San Francisco 49ers.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
papafro
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 293

Back to top Go down

Re: GALE SAYERS

Post by Silly on Thu May 16, 2013 11:47 am

Thank you for sharing that info. Last time I saw him he was really struggling to get through people and items. However, that was also the most friendly I have seen him. Getting up and posing for photos and laughing. Hope all goes well.

Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by kenoshacub on Thu May 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Word was then he had the early onset of dimensia. Someone did a private signing with him on one of the other sites and said if you didn't get him now it wasn't looking good. He really struggled with this signing he said. To bad, he was always freindly to me.

kenoshacub
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by knicksfannumba1 on Sun May 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Too bad. I'm 1 for 2 with him TTM, without fees, but never met him. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
knicksfannumba1
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post by twinsvikingsfan333 on Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm

thats said....i live 1 mile away from the mayo....gale sayers is one of my favorite running backs
twinsvikingsfan333
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash : 4093

Back to top Go down

Post by kenoshacub on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Has anyone ever confirmed this? He supposedly did a signing in Vegas today but someone on another site is promoting a signing with him as his final one ever possibly. Never saw anything on this media wise. Anyone know anything?

kenoshacub
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by papafro on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 pm

I heard from Minnesota collectors that there was a story leaked about Sayers at the Mayo Clinic. They were asking me what was up. Supposedly he was there less than a week. With new laws and regulations, it is very difficult for the press to release details on an individual's medical condition, citing privacy and legal issues.
papafro
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by papafro on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Besides the aforementioned private signing, it appears that Mr. Sayers is signing in New Jersey next weekend. Interesting that the private signing was being called his last signing session, as per Mrs. Sayers.
papafro
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 am

Scheduled to appear at a signing. Curious to see what happens with his health and if he makes it.

When I did a send in with the private signing he had with the Bob Feller museum a while.ago they also confirmed he wasn't doing good at all.

That's why I wasn't too worried when I got my item back and he messed up the inscription. I was just happy to get his graph Again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] l [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kenoshacub on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 am

Something is not right with this. You tell people his wife has stated this is his final signing and within a week he's doing 2 public signings. Sounds like he's trying to boost his signing. I was going to a 16 with him, but now I don't know.

kenoshacub
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by papafro on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 am

I'm sure people are aware of Main Line Autographs. They are the promoter that is advertising that Sayers' wife was saying that Gale's signing with Main Line was to be his last signing.

Last Labor Day at the Westin in Itasca, I had Sayers sign a 16 x 20 of him and Dick Butkus. He asked me for a copy of it, however he could not remember his home address; finally his agent wrote it down for him and gave it to me.

In October, I sent the 16 x 20 to the address that was provided.
About a week after I heard he was released from the Mayo Clinic, I received three signed 8 x 10s of Sayers; two b/w, one color.
Each photo had different inscriptions: Kansas Comet; ROY; HOF.
I am thinking that this was a swap for the image that I sent him. To receive these photos after hearing he was ill was very eerie.
papafro
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top