SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Anyone know about GU batting jerseys and hats?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Authentic or not?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Help Anyone know about GU batting jerseys and hats?

Post by mrgoo1972 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:26 pm

I recently purchased a "game used batting jersey" of David Eckstein of the Cardinals. I know there are codes the manufacturer places on the labels, and their unique labels, but as to the details of such, I am not 100% sure. I haven't been able to photo ID the jersey in question, nor is there a COA. All I have is the word from the seller and their eBay history (100% BTW). The story and location is very plausible but I would like someone to just verify what I feel is to be a possible deal. BTW, on my GU hats, I have photo matched them via prominent creases and bill shape for both the Brian Jordan Cardinals hat and the Mike Matthews Brewers hat (which he only played 4 games).

Last edited by mrgoo1972 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding info on items)

mrgoo1972
Rookie
Rookie

SPAAM Cash : 143

Back to top Go down

Help Re: Anyone know about GU batting jerseys and hats?

Post by mrgoo1972 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 pm

So, no one has an opinion here, or is it just because I'm a Cardinals fan? Most of my friends are Cubs fans, and I have never held that against them. Honestly, I'd like to see them win a WS, just as I'd like to see the Browns win a SB, but being born in St. Louis, I have to go with my home team. I know with all the collectors on here, there has to be at least 1 opinion on this. Don't worry about breaking my heart if it's a retail jersey. I'm a big boy.

mrgoo1972
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Tough call. Jersey seems too old to be from the mid 2000s. Plus David.was like 5'5''.... Do you think he wore an XL?

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:16 pm

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/65850/November-2010-Catalog/Sports/Baseball-Equipment/Lot185~2005-David-Eckstein-St_-Louis-Cardinals-Game-Used-Batting-Practice-Jersey

This should answer your question that the Jersey you have is not what it was claimed to be.

It could be a MLB used Jersey... But it's probably from the 90s.

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 pm

In and around 1997 early Majestic BP jerseys, the 6000 code was changed to 0006, and 6000 became a retail code.

Really tough call if it's a Legit GU Jersey. I can almost guarantee it's not Eckstein though.

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgoo1972 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Thank you Coach. What threw me was the jock tag is the same as the ones in the GU hats, which I know to be legit. I have gone trough the rosters in the 90's and there were 5 different players to wear 22 during that time. It was my first GU jersey purchase and didn't really know what to look for other than the jock tag. I appreciate your help, Coach.

mrgoo1972
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top