SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

WARNING: Bad Signers & Horrible Autograph Experiences!!!54.712

WARNING: Bad Signers & Horrible Autograph Experiences!!!

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WARNING: Bad Signers & Horrible Autograph Experiences!!!

Post by coachk28 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Bad Signers & Horrible Autograph Experiences

Have you ever had a bad autograph experience? An athlete that was just completely rude or someone who is very reluctant to sign in person?

Tell us your stories and rant here!!!

Last edited by coachk28 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash: 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING: Bad Signers & Horrible Autograph Experiences!!!

Post by TheAutoMan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:43 pm

I went to the Bears Convention in 2005 and Dennis McKinnon reluctantly chicken scratched my hat after refusing to, saying that he only signs for pretty women and he wouldn't have signed for this then 13 year old kid if there weren't women surrounding him.

TheAutoMan
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash: 3871

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:50 pm

I would like to bash Scottie Pippen!

You may have already heard this story... but I think it is important to let everyone know in the autograph collecting community that this guy is a total douche! He wasn't called "No Tippin" Pippen in his playing days for nothing... he would ring up large bar/restaurant tabs and leave ZERO tip!

At one of the previous Mounted Memories shows I was waiting in line to get Scottie Pippens autograph. I had a rolled Bulls poster (one of the cheap ones with the big Bulls logo you buy at Sports Authority) that was already signed by several Bulls players... many of them at that same M.M. show... Noah, Rodman, Scalabrine etc.

I was next in line and started to walk up to the autograph table, when Scottie Pippen saw me with the poster and said something to the effect... and I quote... "No, I'm not signing no mother fu@#ing posters, get that sh@# out of here!" I wasn't bound to cause a scene so I just kept on walking, shaking my head in disgust!

The worst part was... the poster was going to be used to help raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation Illinois Chapter. All the other players at the show had signed the poster for FREE! I didn't even pay for an autograph ticket. I just showed them my paper work and my 501(c)3 info and told them what was going on... and they were more than happy to sign it!

Pippen didn't know whether I was a paying customer or not! And I got told off for no reason! I don't care what the situation is... no professional athlete should ever tell off a fan for any reason.

I know several other members will chime in with their horrible IP Scottie Pippen experiences!

This one is for you Pippen!!! Middle Finger Middle Finger Middle Finger

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:56 pm

TheAutoMan wrote: I went to the Bears Convention in 2005 and Dennis McKinnon reluctantly chicken scratched my hat after refusing to, saying that he only signs for pretty women and he wouldn't have signed for this then 13 year old kid if there weren't women surrounding him.

Don't even get me started on McKinnon!

He won't sign his rookie card because he thinks it will be worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

He reluctantly will sign 85 Bears stuff unless he is getting paid! I have heard him talk smack about several team mates on multi signed items.... "This So and So Bears player was a nothing!" or "Coach Ditka couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag!"

I was at a Jewel signing or something in the middle of the ghetto in Chicago. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE knew who he was or was in line to get his autograph. I went with my wife to get 2 items signed... both for a Make-A-Wish charity event! I spent over 20 mins arguing with him about signing the items... he finally gave in.

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAutoMan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 pm

I wonder if McKinnon is a little paranoid.

I remember when I got Deion at the Dallas Cowboys Show in March 2006. He scribbled over my 49ers mini. Despite nothing at all that said about his inscription policy, I asked for a Super Bowl XXIX champs inscription and his agent said no. That he would only inscribe Prime Time or something else, I forget. The signature looks unimpressive. He had a fedora and sunglasses on. Apparently according to somebody, one person gave Deion a baseball to sign and since the pen ran out of ink, he just scribbled the rest of the ball in sharpie.

TheAutoMan
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallion0122 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Deion Sanders is a scumbag. He was in Chicago for a MM show (Cowboys Superbowl Reunion) a few years back. I bought a special proline Falcons helmet for him to sign only. When they start the # calls...I wait because as experience collector to wait a little bit so the guy can warm up and get the ink flowing. I had ticket #7, but I was about #25 in line. Gave my ticket to handler with the helmet. Deion is standing as items are rushed through. I told the handler I want silver. Deion gets the silver and scribbles and the silver flared up. The handler told me it "Sucks" to be me. If I wasn't mad, I probably would of told him to F-off. I should of went to the booth and reported him and my shit signature. I left upset instead. I think from now on, with the Pippens, Dennis McKinnons, and those gravy train handlers say anything, I'm either telling them off (if the items are not important) or I get it re-signed with me standing over them. I know that there is one moran at the shows where him and his wife get re-signs at every show. I' not that type at all. I have a list of douche-bags and stories of each...(Scottie Pippen, Jim Mcmahon, Johnny Bench, Reggie JAckson, Deion Sanders, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Mike Schmidt, Lou Brock, Carlton Fisk (and he really is my fav. player), Frank Thomas, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Ron Santo). If anyone would like to hear about any of my stories let me know.

Stallion0122
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash: 614

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Don't bash Jim McMahon... at least wait til I am done getting him at the March show! Right now I hold him in high regard!!!

lol! lol!

He was real cool at the last MM show he appeared at! He gave me a free autograph on one of my Make-A-Wish items!

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallion0122 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:15 am

I won't bash him yet. Is that I will give a little pointer. A lot of these guys act different when you pay them at a show, then meeting them at a charity event, mass convention (bears con., soxfest, etc.) or in public. They are super "nice" when you are lining their pocket.

Stallion0122
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:20 am

Stallion0122 wrote:I won't bash him yet. Is that I will give a little pointer. A lot of these guys act different when you pay them at a show, then meeting them at a charity event, mass convention (bears con., soxfest, etc.) or in public. They are super "nice" when you are lining their pocket.

Very true!

And some are dicks in just about every situation!

lol!

coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:45 am

Bob Uecker gave me the finger -__-

Back to top Go down

Post by cubsfan0303 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 am

Bill Buckner is a bitch too I saw him turn down not only us "older" collectors but also very young kids 7,8,9,10 years old.
When he told this maybe 10 year old kid no the kid took his ball and rolled it between his legs and said to buckner catch this lol hahaha.

cubsfan0303
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash: 5089

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:51 am

cubsfan0303 wrote:Bill Buckner is a bitch too I saw him turn down not only us "older" collectors but also very young kids 7,8,9,10 years old.
When he told this maybe 10 year old kid no the kid took his ball and rolled it between his legs and said to buckner catch this lol hahaha.

That's hilarious hahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallion0122 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 am

Ive heard about Buckner...never met him and don't plan on it. He's auto is worthless except that picture of the ball going threw is legs.

Stallion0122
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallion0122 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 am

Mike Schmidt and Johnny Bench are the same way at a charity golf event I went to when I was 13 or 14 yrs old. They told me I had to pay them for their auto. I told them it was for charity event and Bench said no to anything of Reds or baseballs and there is more to that. Schmidt signed a baseball card, he told me if I wanted a baseball I had to pay him $25. I told him Im going to go get John Elway and Dan Marino who signed for everyone. Mike Schmidt was my fav. 3rd basemen and after that I lost respect for him. Also reminds me of Rollie Fingers acting like an ass and Ernie Banks was standing next to him signing for the kids. Some of guys should be lucky that these kids know who they are.

Stallion0122
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAutoMan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Maybe it's because I went to paid signings instead of golf events.

I was at the Sun Times Show this past November and I would say Bench was the nicest and most talkative out of all the people I met. He was really cool.

Bucker I met at my very first MM show in March 2005. He was nice.

I seem to remember having no problems with Fingers either.

TheAutoMan
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top