SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Black Hawks In Person Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Hawks In Person Today

Post by Hugek12 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Today we waited after the morning skate for some autos.. Had a fun time meeting a BigBorg! A few players stopped for us Bryan Bickell and Victor Stallberg and I got Johnny Oduya when he was stopped at the light on the corner. Keith Stopped and signed only one for one person and his kid. Their was only about 6 people that were trying for autographs.

But the Highlight of the day was when I went up to Ray Emery he was the last one out of building. Nothing like asking nice for an autograph from Ray Emery while he was at a stop light. My brother and my self walked up to his driver side window and asked him if he would sign an auto for me. He first just stared at me then he rolled down the Window and he said f*K YOU your blocking F*king traffic and I have an F*Ning game tonight and If I wanted to sign autographs I would have pulled over.. I said Thank you.

WOW what a Clown!!! I was cool and just was kind of in shock of what and ass he was. Why he could of just said nothing or No
Hugek12
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 1364

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Hawks In Person Today

Post by FourFeathers on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Approaching players in their car at a red light is ridiculous.

Glad he told you to get lost.
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash : 2345

Back to top Go down

Post by bigborgs on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:37 pm

It was fun Kevin,waste of a day autograph wise..
bigborgs
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 1470

Back to top Go down

Post by papafro on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I have to agree with four feathers, I would never approach a player after they left their parking lot. No wonder players think that collectors are scum.
But congrats on getting Oduya at the light.
papafro
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by bigborgs on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 pm

That's how you get the players as they leave they will pull over in their car and sign
bigborgs
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 1470

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 pm

I find it sad that this is what it's come to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugek12 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 am

This was a first time. The best part is he did not care that I told him I was trying to get this as an item to raffle it off to my students in my school. Embarassed
Hugek12
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 am

When I got Emery at the Blood Drive on Saturday, he was easily one of the coolest people I've ever met. He signed whatever I had and did inscriptions, very talkative as well. He smiled after I told him to bring home the Cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 am

While I do not think it is ever acceptable to the player/athlete to curse out a fan I do see where the player could be upset.

Look at it this way, leaving the parking lot he drove past you right? If he wanted to stop he would have. When you are walking down the street and a bum ask you for money, you tell him no, then he ask you again, and again, and starts walking down the street with you. Not very fun is it?

I have never done the hotels/airport/practice or anything like that so I am not trying to speak on etiquette because I don't know what is viewed right and wrong in those setting. I am just saying how I would personally view the situation.

On a bright note, you got an experience that you won't forget lol

Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by FourFeathers on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 am

I'd bet my house, that the story typed in the first post is exaggerated beyond belief and I highly doubt Ray used the language this kid says he did.
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by kenoshacub on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 am

It's the old saying no means no. By him driving past you and not stopping said I'm not signing and you should respect that. I agree with fourfeathers, if indeed he cursed you out you had it coming. This is what drove the Bulls to push everyone away at the berto center. The same thing will happen here if it keeps up.

kenoshacub
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by papafro on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

Pre Stanley Cup: The parking lot at the EDGE had to be roped off and manned by security because people would not let the Black Hawk players get out of the parking lot. People were blocking the cars of the players, trying to get them to stop and sign. The players stopped being fan friendly after that.
papafro
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugek12 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 pm

FourFeathers wrote:I'd bet my house, that the story typed in the first post is exaggerated beyond belief and I highly doubt Ray used the language this kid says he did.
It happened my brother was behind me and I wished my bother would have recorded it. Fans first my Ass. The players wouldn't be popular if we fans did not support them. HE could be flipping burgers and not doing what he likes if it were not for hockey. He was a jag off he could have said no or the whole f bombs was a little excessive. I was the better person and said thanks. Anyone want an 8x10of this jag.
Hugek12
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Get it signed for $15 April 2nd and tell him what you think.....please just do it after I have already gone through.

Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugek12 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:15 pm

I was thinking of that but it would support him and his ego.

Hugek12
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Back to top Go down

Post by FourFeathers on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Hugek12 wrote:
FourFeathers wrote:I'd bet my house, that the story typed in the first post is exaggerated beyond belief and I highly doubt Ray used the language this kid says he did.
It happened my brother was behind me and I wished my bother would have recorded it. Fans first my Ass. The players wouldn't be popular if we fans did not support them. HE could be flipping burgers and not doing what he likes if it were not for hockey. He was a jag off he could have said no or the whole f bombs was a little excessive. I was the better person and said thanks. Anyone want an 8x10of this jag.

Ray Emery doesn't owe you anything. He wouldn't be flipping burgers if you weren't a fan.

Also, don't ever accuse me of being your brother again. Next time he should run you over.
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi-townpaulie on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Yea. I've never gone to a practice yet. But I wouldn't run into traffic for a graph. I find it hard to believe with the language from ray. He's always been courteous and has always thanked me for coming to signings. But if he did it was ur fault for being excesive. Pull ur panties up and wide ur check.
Chi-townpaulie
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 pm

FourFeathers wrote:
Hugek12 wrote:
It happened my brother was behind me and I wished my bother would have recorded it. Fans first my Ass. The players wouldn't be popular if we fans did not support them. HE could be flipping burgers and not doing what he likes if it were not or hockey. He was a jag off he could have said no or the whole f bombs was a little excessive. I was the better person and said thanks. Anyone want an 8x10of this jag.

Ray Emery doesn't owe you anything. He wouldn't be flipping burgers if you weren't a fan.

Also, don't ever accuse me of being your brother again. Next time he should run you over.

I think you miss read. His brother was with him... He didn't call you brother.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] l [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FourFeathers on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:45 pm

coachk28 wrote:
FourFeathers wrote:
Hugek12 wrote:
It happened my brother was behind me and I wished my bother would have recorded it. Fans first my Ass. The players wouldn't be popular if we fans did not support them. HE could be flipping burgers and not doing what he likes if it were not or hockey. He was a jag off he could have said no or the whole f bombs was a little excessive. I was the better person and said thanks. Anyone want an 8x10of this jag.

I think you miss read. His brother was with him... He didn't call you brother.

Some of this kid's stupid has rubbed off on me. My apologies.
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

I'll glady take the 8x10 if you want to get rid of it. Bet you 5 bucks I get it signed next time I see him too.

As crazy as I am in general, I've never chased down someone in the street for an autograph. That's a recipe for disaster. I mean I could see if you were running on the sidewalk, and called them over and tried to get em to pull over from there, but that's just about it. There's a line you shouldn't cross, you need to be courteous as possible because people WILL remember and appreciate your good manners no matter the graphing environment. When I've gone hunting at the airport or hotel hopping before, I don't just hold up my sharpie and photos and walk with them all the way to their car even if they repeatedly told me no or didn't acknowledge me. I've gotten many compliments before from celebrities saying how polite I was waiting for them to check in, check out, grab their luggage and addressing them as Mr. or Mrs. (Insert last name). I always say my mom taught me well haha, the manners they teach you in kindergarden do pay off. By no means am I an extreme veteran collector such as Desi, FourFeathers, Silly, or even other collectors on this board but its the little common things that everyone knows how to do that ultimately go a long way.

Back to top Go down

Post by jesp77 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:45 am

Per the baseball card king website, on the calendar at the bottom of the home page.

What: Cancelled: RAY EMERY
Where: Plainfield
When: Apr 2, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Description: RAY EMERY has cancelled his signing engagement for April 2nd, 2013.

Due to serious issues Mr. Emery encountered at someone else's store during a recent signing, Mr. Emery has decided to cancel his signing with us.

Why his negative experience at that other signing is being visited upon us is unknown, but we received notice through counsel that read in part:
"As a result of a recent incident at one of your competitors Shops, Ray Emery is unwilling to approve an appearance at your Shop on April 2, 2013."
jesp77
Rookie
Rookie

SPAAM Cash : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:17 am

O wow.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaded on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:20 am

I blame the cancellation on hugek, thanks alot ya jagoff
Jaded
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:16 am

I am locking this thread up.

If you guys want to argue and insult each other like little kids... Do so via PM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  l    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] l [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
coachk28
SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top