SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Autograph Regret?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Autograph Regret?

Post by stdrwt11 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:59 pm

What autograph or autographs have you gotten then you wish you would have never gotten? Maybe it cost too much, you wasted too much time, or the athlete was just a jerk.

I would have to say mine was Michael Strahan and Deion Sanders. I ended up selling both as they were jerks, I paid too much, and was just disappointed.

The worst one I bought that I did not get in person was probably a Biggio auto Rawlings bat and a 2005 Astros signed team photo. I ended up finding out they were fake which pissed me off and shocked me as I was new to graphing then and thought a COA meant is was legit. I came to find out both companies went out of business and couldn't get a refund when I found out. I ended up getting rid of them rather than trying to pass them on. I was not going to continue to keep these in the market knowing they were fake. I also had Maddux and Gwynn balls that were fake that I used for BP lol after finding out they were fake as well.
stdrwt11
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 2772

Back to top Go down

Re: Autograph Regret?

Post by cubsfan0303 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 pm

I have met alot of guys that were a total a hole the first time I met them and then the next time they were awesome, so I think alot depends on the day that you catch them. But to mention a few I thought Fergie Jenkins was a jerk but have had good times with him also. Ryan Sandberg told me that I was going to get a crapy auto because I gave him a ball and not a flat. Ron Santo was great, for sure one of the nicest I met. Rizzo, David DeJesus, Tillman, Billy Corgan, Dennis McKinnon, Geo Soto, there are more but just a few here.
cubsfan0303
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 5089

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Can't forget Charles Tillman

Back to top Go down

Post by cubsfan0303 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Carney wrote:Can't forget Charles Tillman
Oh I have him in there lol
cubsfan0303
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 5089

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemoon4655 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:24 am

Not Really. I got waited to get an autograph from Damian Lillard, it was free, but he showed up like 30 minutes late. He didn't smile for any photos taken, and then denied taking any photos after a while. He just looked like he didnt care. Also my friend who is asian said he tried taking a photo with him near the locker room after a game, and he just ignored him, and took photos with some little kids and signed autos. I doubt it was a racist act, but the guy seems sour.
Bluemoon4655
Rookie
Rookie

SPAAM Cash : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by stdrwt11 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 am

Marshall Faulk was another for me and Carlos Lee was bad to my friend. He didnt even look up just signed and handed the ball back.
stdrwt11
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

SPAAM Cash : 2772

Back to top Go down

Post by xtra-innings on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 pm

My regret occurred many years ago. When I started TTM collecting, Hank Greenberg would honor ttm request with a $15 donation to the animal shelter he worked with. I wrote him in the summer of 1986 and received his fee chart. I passed on it thinking..."Who does this guy think he is charging for his autograph?" I didn't pursue it after that. A few months later, he passed away (September 1986).
xtra-innings
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SPAAM Cash : 7119
TTM King TTM King

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=xtra-in

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top