SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

Jersey Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Jersey Help!

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey, I can use a lot help. I purchased this jersey off ebay hoping to get it signed in the future, and when I received it today I was confused. It is the Alternate jersey that the Blackhawks use, but the name plate looks slightly off centered. (No Winter Classic Patch) I was curious as to if this is how it is supposed to look, or is it a very good fake. It has the fight strap and the stitching looks correct. I have time to receive my money back, as I paid with paypal.

Last edited by Carney on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Jersey Help!

Post by Silly on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 pm

The name plate itself is centered. The letters are off.

Or is both??
Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm

One of my biggest pet peeves in this hobby....never buy a jersey on ebay. The market is flooded with knockoff jerseys, that you get something like this. Steve, you have a poor knockoff jersey...not that there are really solid knockoff jerseys. So many things are wrong with knockoffs....from the material, to coloring, font size, to sizing, to correct numbering and lettering (my friend ordered a Hossa knock off and got number 88).

Back in the day (90s), you could buy a knock off and it was pretty close...hard to tell with the naked eye, and you couldn't tell if you had it up on in the frame. I know people who sell these jerseys nowadays and they pay like $6 per jersey and flip them for $25 on up. There is no quality control and the final product ends either being poor to really shi!tty. You have a poor product.....

I'll never understand why people buy these knockoffs...they really look bad to me. Those guys spending thousands of dollars on glass seats at Hawks games and wearing knockoff jerseys get my ire too.....I guess the general public has no idea. If you were going to flip these jerseys once signed, I guess I can understand. But if you're keeping this for your collection, wouldn't you want the real deal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Honestly, I'm not even going to go into discussion about this. Just want the money back so I can use it towards other items. Wanted to try something new, and it bit me in the ass. Filed a claim with paypal, ebay. Not my week.

Back to top Go down

Post by FourFeathers on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Mind sharing what you paid for it? Price is the first clue.

FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash : 2345

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

FourFeathers wrote:Mind sharing what you paid for it? Price is the first clue.

Paid 79.99 shipped for it, ebay is refunding my money after the seller gave a bs response.
Here is a link to the original listing, pictures are very misleading.

I apologize for taking your time to respond to this poor thread. I realize how much of a novice topic this appears to be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-Patrick-Kane-88-Alternate-Jersey-/130840118245?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=EG4tWNr2ECCkP5XIBTgDxEnLBMg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am

Yeah, to me, it looks like you bought what's pictured. The numbers and nameplate do not look center to me at all.

Here are some pointers for you guys buying jerseys online:

*If you are looking for retail jerseys, go to reputable online stores

*Reebok jerseys are classified in 3 ways~
*Replica (Screen printed name and number; around $75)
*Premier/EQT/Replithentic (Tackle twill/stitched look; around $150)
*Authentic (Pretty close to what they wear on the ice with tackle twill name and numbers and fight strap; around $250)

*Nike jerseys are classified similarly ~
*Replica (Screen printed name and number)
*Limited/Swingman (Tackle twill/stitched look)
*Elite/Authentic (Again, pretty much close to what players wear on the field)

*Beware of the bait and switch. Some of the online companies will put up a pictures of legitimate jerseys and send you a knockoff. Again, this is what I suggest buying from reputable big stores like Fans Edge (Now owned by Lidz BTW), Dicks, Sports Authority etc.

*Yes, the price is right, but in this case, you get what you pay for. As I said before, the sizing if usually whacked. The material and colors can be off. Font sizes are off. The quality can be poor. Mind you, there are some good knockoffs where it's hard to tell, but you can feel the difference. Some good knock offs use a much thinner jersey material, but in a frame, who cares.

*If the idea is to flip a knockoff jersey after getting it signed, I guess you can expand your profit margin somewhat.

*Beware of the word CUSTOM JERSEY...99% sure it will be knockoff jersey.

*If you're paying more than $6 for these jerseys, you're paying too much. Trust me, they make some of these in my Phillipine homeland and I could dress up my son's entire little league team for $15 a person. And that includes a home and away set plus an alternate set.

*Because quality control is so poor, your one order may differ from your next. For example, if your jersey looks good, and you get it framed for your house, the next jersey you order, despite being the same size and everything, may be completely way off.

*Finally, don't be afraid to ask for opinions on the this and other boards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum