SPAAM Collectors Forum
Welcome to The SPAAM Collectors Forum!

SPorts Autographs And Memorabilia

Create a FREE account to get full access to the forum!

MLB MVP piece

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MLB MVP piece

Post by mires.mss on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:32 am

I was looking to maybe start a group project of MLB MVP's to sign. Anyone done this before on a specific piece? I was looking at maybe a large poster of the actual award with plenty of space around it for auto's. Haven't really found one I like but am open to other ideas. Maybe a bat or something? Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!

mires.mss
Water Boy
Water Boy

SPAAM Cash : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB MVP piece

Post by FourFeathers on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 am

It's a project I would never start for several reasons, the main two being, you would never complete it, and the fact that if I have someone like Pujols on a bat, which is next to impossible in the first place, I don't want Dustin Pedroia on it as well. I'd rather have the signatures of greats on a stand alone item, or piece with other greats like a HOF project. There are way too many MVPs that were one year wonders, and recently, too many that cheated to win it (ie. Arod, Braun, Bonds).

Jmo.
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash : 2345

Back to top Go down

Post by mires.mss on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:06 pm

I can definitely see that side of it, but I think thats part of the fun of the piece...those "one year wonders". I think its the same in some of the beauty of the championship team pieces as well. To have role players on the same piece as the stars is fun. I also have no problem with the Braun's Bonds's and Rodriguez's being on the piece as well. Maybe its just my perspective, but pitchers are juicing as well, and so are the majority of other players (if you listen to some). I don't believe that it really is the majority but its the game we live in right now. You could say the same of the spitballer's in that era or the 50s and 60s when players were openly taking uppers to get through the season. I also am not bothered by the piece never being "finished" either, kind of a long-term thing to continue with through the years to break up the single signed pieces I have.

mires.mss
Water Boy
Water Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Many collectors like to get single sign baseballs of their favorite MVPs or ROYs.

Or MVPs or ROYs from their favorite teams.

Its a cool project idea... but you may want to narrow down your focus. Otherwise it would be impossible and very expensive to try to complete.

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mires.mss on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 pm

I completely agree that it will probably never be completed. I just think it will be fun to get them together on a piece like a poster or something.

mires.mss
Water Boy
Water Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twinsvikingsfan333 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:24 pm

FourFeathers wrote:It's a project I would never start for several reasons, the main two being, you would never complete it, and the fact that if I have someone like Pujols on a bat, which is next to impossible in the first place, I don't want Dustin Pedroia on it as well. I'd rather have the signatures of greats on a stand alone item, or piece with other greats like a HOF project. There are way too many MVPs that were one year wonders, and recently, too many that cheated to win it (ie. Arod, Braun, Bonds).

Jmo.

Ryan bruan didnt actually enhance drugs
twinsvikingsfan333
Starter
Starter

SPAAM Cash : 4093

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

thettmautographman wrote:
FourFeathers wrote:It's a project I would never start for several reasons, the main two being, you would never complete it, and the fact that if I have someone like Pujols on a bat, which is next to impossible in the first place, I don't want Dustin Pedroia on it as well. I'd rather have the signatures of greats on a stand alone item, or piece with other greats like a HOF project. There are way too many MVPs that were one year wonders, and recently, too many that cheated to win it (ie. Arod, Braun, Bonds).

Jmo.

He DID test positive. It was over turned not by test results but by a technicality. To say otherwise is dead wrong. In the appeal he didn't even attempt to argue the results.
Silly
Original Member

Original Member  Moderator

SPAAM Cash : 6494

Back to top Go down

Post by FourFeathers on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 pm

thettmautographman wrote:

Jmo.

I have no idea if "Ryan bruan" used/enhanced? drugs. But I do know Ryan Braun used them to cheat, just like many other former MVP's did.
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by KG55 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 pm

I say go for it. Nothings impossible to get signed unless the person has passed. Whos to say someone like pukols doesnt do hundreds of signings down the road when his career is over? Itll be fun to start and a challenge later but a cool project.

Also, ive heard pujols signs sometimes at hotels and spring training. Trusted consigners will take it to spring training as well for a good price. Does he have something against signing bats? Not sure about this.

Anyway, i would go with a poster of the actual award with a white background...or maybe a pic of a particularly great mvp with white or solid color space around it.

If you do decide to start this then you should do some research on some of the ones that regularky sign ttm. Knock as many of those off as possible and then start getting the tough ones at shows/private signings/ IP etc...

Good luck and keep us posted!
KG55
Original Member

SPAAM Cash : 2907

Back to top Go down

Post by cubsfan0303 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 pm

KG55 wrote:I say go for it. Nothings impossible to get signed unless the person has passed. Whos to say someone like pukols doesnt do hundreds of signings down the road when his career is over? Itll be fun to start and a challenge later but a cool project.

Also, ive heard pujols signs sometimes at hotels and spring training. Trusted consigners will take it to spring training as well for a good price. Does he have something against signing bats? Not sure about this.

Anyway, i would go with a poster of the actual award with a white background...or maybe a pic of a particularly great mvp with white or solid color space around it.

If you do decide to start this then you should do some research on some of the ones that regularky sign ttm. Knock as many of those off as possible and then start getting the tough ones at shows/private signings/ IP etc...

Good luck and keep us posted!
He did sign at spring training last year, Im going to try and get him this year there too.
cubsfan0303
Original Member

SPAAM Cash : 5089

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgoo1972 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

The poster, or large photo would be great for MVP's or other award winners. I prefer baseballs to get signed and have had good luck with them. In my ROY's, I have several signed by (1) Roy Sievers, Wally Moon, Gary Peters, Al Bumbry and Gregg Olson; and singles signed by McGwire, Canseco, Sax and Furcal. I group WS MVP's from the same teams on team items or single balls or jerseys (World Series Teams and original roster teams). I go for the most inexpensive and least likely damageable route I can, ask permission via permission slips (sounds odd but works 100%), send a few photos of my projects and viola, I have a museum quality piece over a year or so. The biggest hurdle is finding the people and having something worthy of the theme you're doing. Right now, I'm working on a Cardinals World Series MVP Game Used outfit and have the tops done. That's a HUGE challenge and may never be done. Thing that matters, though, is that you try. I need a pair of David Freese's pants, socks or shoes (or Darrell Porter). If anyone can point me in the right direction... LOL)

mrgoo1972
Rookie
Rookie

SPAAM Cash : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 am

asking for cardinal stuff on a chicago based site? good luck with that one. just kidding im sure your piece will lok nice when done
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 4599

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am

I think a MLB piece would be awesome but its probably going to cost you more than almost any other themed piece...most MVPs are typically hard to get...if you can get them at shows, they are very expensive. Some of the old timers like Al Rosen and a few others are easy to get...but for the most part, I wouldn't want to start this project...getting guys like Bonds, A-Rod, Ichiro, Pujols, Sosa, Mays, Koufax etc are going to be hard to get and break the bank!

1953 Archives: 1953 Archives Set

500 HR Club: 20/25
3,000 Hit Club: 18/28
Baseball HOF Members: 112/294
1953 Archives: 233/242
1963 Topps: 346/576
vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

SPAAM Cash : 5630

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/vjw0307/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 pm

i say collect what you like. my collection is so different from yalls. mine is mainly college not pros.
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Your mom goes to college...

Celebrate

vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by coachk28 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:34 pm

vjw0307 wrote:Your mom goes to college...

Celebrate

ROTFL

SPAAM Founder
Chief Administrator

SPAAM Founder  Chief Administrator

SPAAM Cash : 13332

http://coachkscollection.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:38 pm

hey vjw was that a personal attack on me? you dont even know if my mom is alive or dead. that is what is wrong with the internet people can hide after they post .
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by vjw0307 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:54 pm

OMG...calm down, its a movie quote...chill! Have you never watched "Napoleon Dynamite"? Its one of the most quoted movies ever...

vjw0307
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by FourFeathers on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:00 pm

tiger7171 wrote:hey vjw was that a personal attack on me? you dont even know if my mom is alive or dead. that is what is wrong with the internet people can hide after they post .

Woah. If he were right in front of you, instead of "hiding", would you beat him up for making a clearly joking comment that you simply didn't comprehend?

ROTFL
FourFeathers
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger7171 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm

No I didn't watch that stupid movie . I'm sorry just didn't know that's why I asked .
tiger7171
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top